Project: This summer, I created a Wiki to use as a course management system. I have one Wiki for all of my classes, but I have only really worked on my first semester courses. While the project is really centered around "learning environments," building my curriculum for new courses focused on exercising my "digital backpack." Outside of the general content that I have posted, I think the coolest part of my digital backpack will be student Evernotes. I'm excited to create and share student notebooks for assignments. I think this will fix a lot of issues with email overload and student responsibility. I guess we'll see. It's always an experiment.
Goal Achievement: I did not accomplish all of my goals, but I did complete a Wiki and begin developing some cool PBL content. My goals were really focused on the content that I had been covering for three years. Because of my change to the high school, much of my development centered around creating online curriculum for my classes. In summary, I'm pretty content with my project.
Influence: Duane influenced a lot of my work. We were able to really discuss and improve projects for each other.
Feedback: Lisette's postings about quad blogging really helped confirm my desire to implement it into my class.
Wiki Effect: I think viewing student use of the Wiki will help determine if it is aiding in their learning. Basically, if it is cumbersome and confusing, I will make the changes to help facilitate student learning.
Starting Over: I think I would continue making my Wiki the way it is. So far, I'm pretty content with its design and content.
Better than Before: I won't really know if this is better than before...because everything is new. I could have my Physical Science students compare things to last year's format, though...that would probably provide some useful feedback in terms of fluid design.
Colleague Support: I would like to look at common EL assessments to compare project implementation in the classroom. But, I can also use the help of other teachers to give better/new ideas for things that clearly aren't working.

Jaclyn- I think you have done a great job this summer! I totally admire how much knowledge you have and I am very glad you are a part of our high school team now, I think you bring a lot of knowledge and experience when it comes to incorporating all of this technology. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you throughout the year and I would love to observe your classroom sometime to see how you incorporate all of this.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with the knowledge and experience you have brought to the group discourse. I am thrilled that you're now at the high school, and I am looking forward to learning from you.
ReplyDeleteWow, guys...I'm flattered :) I'm also inspired to work with some other "lifelong" learners that are inspired with open minds. I'm sure we will learn a lot from each other. And, anyone is welcome in my classroom at anytime.
ReplyDelete