I'm spending the week in AP Chemistry training and I'm finding some really great resources to improve my instruction both in terms of using guided inquiry and technology. I still find that I'm confused about personalized learning, because out of all of the amazing teachers that I'm learning from and working with, no one is talking about making chemistry "personalized". Do I think we are behind as educators? No. Do I think personalized learning in Chemistry is a stretch? Yes. For now, I'm going to embrace the new methods of guided inquiry that I'm finding for upper level science students. I'm excited to engage students in a higher level of critical thinking through POGIL, AP materials, and some other great technology pieces that I'm starting to put together. Topics for the screencast (which I'll post later):
-Calm/Quest Online Homework Systems
-POGIL/AP Resources with Guided Inquiry
-NMSI Resources and Vertical Alignment
No comments:
Post a Comment