Friday, August 10, 2012

Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership

My professional growth for the summer really revolved around this class.  In addition to the class, I use Twitter, teachers and online resources to learn new content and creation ideas.  Having the class was nice, to keep me on my toes and cultivate development over the course of the summer. 

In terms of leadership, I think that will continue into the school year.  I hope to engage in valuable PLCs to look at how we collect and interpret student data.  All too often, kids take a test and we move on.  I'm hoping to incorporate more tests and quizzes (online of course) into my content, but to use these as mile markers, allowing me to judge student growth from the PBL activities that I have provided.  Basically, I'm using the ELs to formulate online tests and quizzes, assigning PBL projects, and looking at how the projects actually compliment the ELs.  Are there missing gaps?  Are students learning the ELs?  Then, I hope to share these strategies with others. 

1 comment:

  1. Collecting and using data is definitely a place where HS science could improve. I'm looking forward to learning from you (especially ipad stuff) and developing ways to collect and utilize data!

    ReplyDelete