Thursday, August 8, 2013

Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership: School, school, more school...and now I return to school

In terms of engaging in professional growth, I've spent most of my summer taking classes.  I've taken an intensive lab safety course to improve our science lab safety at MSHS.  I've "brushed up" on college level Chemistry to improve my level of instruction to students, better preparing them for their future.  I've played around on some Coursera courses (but didn't complete them from lack of time).  I've also been involved in the Summer Institute.  Though I wish I could've attended more classes, I feel that I accomplished a lot.

In addition to classes, I've been collaborating some lessons with a fellow Chemistry teacher in Michigan.  She has a wonderful implementation of technology and we are hoping to create some projects together.  For years, she has created annual safety videos at the end of the year to show her up and coming students.  I've always enjoyed showing her videos but am hoping to have my students develop the same, and we can share our content.  I look forward to other great collaborations, as well.

Learning to use Showme was a big step in my own professional development, but it was so simple.  This is a curriculum video that I created on Temperature scales:

1 comment:

  1. How do you plan for your video's? Do you have the content written down? What tool did you use to create this video?

    ReplyDelete